Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Creating new/updated A.I car paths???

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Wow, I'm already stumped on how to use the new set of tools the new P3D Editor offers...

But as of now, I'd like to know how to create a simple path for both traffic and A.I cars. And I also want to know how to make a "shortcut" path, where A.I drivers will take that specific path depending on what their respective "SetVehicleAIParams" is set to.

I notice there are things such as Road Nodes, Intersection Locator Nodes, and Cube Shapes, but I can't seem to learn that well with the game always crashing due to invalid A.I paths or something.
I still don't know much about SetVehicleAIParams and how it affects which paths we take. That's due to not entirely understanding all the values in Road Nodes and how they correlate to the arguments in those functions.

Also do not edit Road Nodes, Intersection Locator Nodes, or Cube Shapes by hand, it'll break the game almost 100% of the time. Our custom maps have them because the map builder tool we have generated them. They have to be made in a very exact way which is easy to botch when doing it by hand (we did it a lot when researching how they work). The only reason you can edit them is because the value editor is very generic and will allow you to edit almost anything even if it's likely to break the game, not because you should.
I'm guessing that "map builder tool" must be a private program you guys built and are keeping to yourself for now, but I hope it's at least half-close to being in a state where it can be made public. (Expect me to get impatient. Proceed with caution.)
It's the most advanced tool we have (it's a command line tool) and it's not really anywhere near ready. It'll probably be released at some point, no ETA though.
The tool is extremely complicated to the point where I (someone who has been testing it as Lucas works on it) had to have things explained several times. It's not "drag and drop your map and place things", you make the map and then assign specific parts of the map to work in specific ways.