Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Buzz Cola Vending Machines

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
The trees, Krusty Glass, etc. reappear even after they're destroyed, but not the Buzz Cola Vending Machines - once each individual one of them is destroyed, that's it. How can I make the Buzz Cola Vending Machines appear again?

To be clear I want to know if there's a way to go into the original files to do this, as opposed to creating a new .lmlm for it in Lucas' Launcher
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Why do you want to do this exactly? And what do you mean get into the original files to do it? You should never under any circumstance modify your actual game files.
No reason, just think it would be fun to be able to continuously destroy the vending machines. I've been editing the game's scripts with Notepad and Notepad++, and have done stuff like change the main character pedestrians.

Why shouldn't I mod the actual game files? If something goes wrong I can just reinstall the game.
It doesn't make any sense to modify the game's actual files when you could just use a mod to do it without potentially breaking your game. I'm not going to advocate potentially breaking your game when there's a way to modify the files without doing so.

As for the actual question you had, we're not really sure how Radical figures out what props to save to the save file as destroyed. As you know they save when vending machines and cola crates are destroyed but we're still not really sure how. We know the save file contains a long scary list of thousands of booleans by default but that's about it. We think it might be based on the names of some of the chunks associated with the breakable world props but that's just a guess.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I would also like to know how to make the Buzz Cola crates and vending machines to respawn after being broken. I think it's really satisfying when you break them because you get a lot of coins. 30 for creates and 15 for vending machines. There is also an additional coin you get for breaking them which adds towards Hit & Run meter.

I also want to ask if it's possible to modify how many coins you get for breaking up things. Example you get 5 coins for Krusty glass, 2 for Phone Booth and so on.