Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Clean up and EXPAND Tutorials (Community Event Possibly?)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I've been noticing the lack of updated tutorials. Now don't get me wrong, there are lots of them, and I learned from them. But lots of what I put in my mod was merely copied from the base game, and decompiled mods. This has been a chore, and I tried to help @supercoolpem but couldn't help him that much due to the lack of tutorials available. The most I could tell him was to decompile some mods and look at the in-game scripts. This is quite a problem, and I feel a community initiative should be taken to help all of us out by spreading the knowledge to everyone! I notice all the people making mods haven't really made many tutorials, it's been either members of Donut Team, or a select few. I want us all to help each other to make mods, and continue to create great things!

cheers,

hipporeno
I know pretty much nothing about SHAR modding, but I'm pretty good at writing tutorials.

donutteam.com/forum/topic/342/
kuribo64.net/board/thread.php?id=2456
kuribo64.net/board/thread.php?id=2485
I think at least within the current year we can expect to have a documentation website that at the very least documents the games script commands and Lucas' hacks and other programs. I'm not sure when this year, ideally soon since I think with actual documentation and not lots of guessing and trouble shooting (what we did at Donut Team way back when and still even now) the quality and extend of mods on this forum would increase dramatically. That is something I'm sure more than just I would like to see.
That sounds pretty nice
We need to work on getting tutorials out to you guys for sure. We're just very busy with other things that it's taking us more time than it should.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Jake Andreoli I understand that you devs have a lot to do, this is why I hope we all can share our knowledge. I hope we can organize something for the WHOLE community to do. Maybe make some templates and let people share what they know.

Thanks,

hipporeno
Learning how to mod was already a pain in the ass, but TEACHING 'em to others? Oh Jebus...
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@SomeBot this is true, but I'm just trying to get everyone to help each other, in ANY way they can. I'll take anything, you don't have to write a FULL-FLEDGED tutorial. But just try to do something. That's all I ask from everyone including myself.

cheers,

hipporeno