Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Loading l6_sr2p.p3d in Level 3?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
It has been a long time since I asked for help, so it's time for me to expose more of my ignorance with modding.

Is it possible to load l6_sr2p in a street race in Level 3? I've once tried to do so, but the game seems to crash just a few frames before my challenge loads. What I mean by this is that the challenge doesn't crash if l6_sr2p.p3d isn't loaded.
On it's own? Sadly no. There are a couple of things in that file that refer to Level 6 specifically (I'm unsure as to which), and trying to load them in any other Level sadly causes a crash regardless of what you do. This is also why the Powerplant door (used in L1M7) can't be used in Level 4 if you try to force load it.

However, given that we have a better understanding of level geometry than we did ages ago, chances are it might be possible to modify it so it actually works. However, I'm unaware of how to do this and this would be a question better suited for Loren and Jake (partially because I've played no role in the now recently revealed new Level 4 map).
Then I shall wait hope for this dream to eventually come true......
I just found out that I can get l6_sr2p to work in Level 3 once if I just delete all the wall collision nodes. After a restart, the game crashes. Not only that, many meshes were missing even though I only deleted just the wall collision nodes.
The world props and wall collision chunks are included in the levels sector list so currently there's no way to get this to work.

The map builder tool when it's released, whenever that is and most definitely not soon (probably), supports importing the games existing maps and taking them into account when generating a new sector list so this would be possible then.