Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I got some Broken Burns

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey there, it's MaxPower! As a few of you know I'm working on a mod that changes level 7 to something more exciting and slightly less repetitive. However, I am running into some technical issues. This is my m4sd file for the mod:

SelectMission("m4sd");

SetMissionResetPlayerOutCar("m5_homer_start", "m5_carstart");
SetDynaLoadData("l7z3.p3d;l7r2.p3d;l7r3.p3d;");

UsePedGroup(5);

//SetMissionStartCameraName( "mission5camShape" );
//SetMissionStartMulticontName( "mission5cam" );
//SetAnimatedCameraName( "mission5camShape" );
//SetAnimCamMulticontName( "mission5cam" );

AddStage();
//SetMaxTraffic(5);
SetStageMessageIndex(19);
SetHUDIcon("burns");
AddObjective( "talkto" );
AddNPC("burns", "m5_talkto_burns");
AddStageVehicle("burns_v","m5_burns_carstart","NULL","HardRace\AI_2nd.con");
AddObjectiveNPCWaypoint( "burns", "m5_burns_walk1" );
AddObjectiveNPCWaypoint( "burns", "m5_burns_walk2" );
AddObjectiveNPCWaypoint( "burns", "m5_burns_walk3" );
SetTalkToTarget("burns", 0, 0);
CloseObjective();
CloseStage();

//AddStage(0);
// AddObjective("dialogue");
// AddNPC("burns", "m5_burns_sd");
// SetPresentationBitmap( "art/frontend/dynaload/images/mis07_05.p3d" );
// SetCamBestSide( "m5_bestside" );
// AmbientAnimationRandomize( 1, 0 ); // ( pc=0, npc=1) (nonrandom=0, random=1)
// AmbientAnimationRandomize( 0, 0 );
// SetConversationCam( 0, "npc_far" );
// SetConversationCam( 1, "pc_far" );
// SetConversationCam( 2, "npc_far" );
// SetConversationCam( 3, "pc_far" );
// SetConversationCam( 4, "npc_far" );
// SetConversationCam( 5, "pc_far" );
// SetConversationCam( 6, "npc_far" );
//
// AddAmbientNpcAnimation( "dialogue_shaking_fist" );
// AddAmbientNpcAnimation( "none" );
// AddAmbientNpcAnimation( "dialogue_thinking" );
// AddAmbientNpcAnimation( "dialogue_yes" );
// AddAmbientNpcAnimation( "dialogue_yes" );
// AddAmbientPcAnimation( "none" );
// AddAmbientPcAnimation( "dialogue_shake_hand_in_air" );
// AddAmbientPcAnimation( "dialogue_yes" );
// AddAmbientPcAnimation( "dialogue_no" );
// SetDialogueInfo("homer","burns","barrel",0);
// SetDialoguePositions("m5_homertalk","m5_burns_sd","m5_carstart");
// CloseObjective();
//CloseStage();

CloseMission();

//dialogue_hands_in_air
//dialogue_hands_on_hips
//dialogue_scratch_head
//dialogue_shaking_fist
//dialogue_thinking
//dialogue_yes
//dialogue_no
//dialogue_cross_arms
//dialogue_open_arm_hand_gesture
//dialogue_shake_hand_in_air

I am having trouble getting the 'talkto' objective at the beginning to work correctly. Right now, if I select m4 from the menu, the game crashes on the newspaper screen. However, whats interesting is that when I go from completing m3 (ends at where m4 starts) right to m4, Mr. Burns spawns in the place I want him to, but something very strange happens. While I am still in my car, the car disappears, but leaves me in the sitting position where it was, unable to move. The conspiracy goes all the way to the top! It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help. I can send my level.p3d file if neccesary.
AddStageVehicle("burns_v","m5_burns_carstart","NULL","HardRace\AI_2nd.con");

Move this line above the objective; I'm not sure if this is causing the issue you're getting, but it's generally a better idea to move it so it is not within the objective. AddNPC lines should stay in the objective (they usually (always?) crash when you put them outside of them) but addstagevehicle's should be kept outside the objective.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey again Gibstack!

I tried doing what you said, but unfortunately the same thing happened. My guess would be the problem has something to do with the player car since when the last objective of m3 is completed the car disappears. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Are you loading Burns' car in m4sdl.mfk?

Unless a car is part of the traffic in the Level or it's the Hit & Run harassment cars (the police), each car has to be loaded through there.

LoadDisposableCar("art\cars\burns_v.p3d","burns_v","AI");

Put that in your m3l.mfk to load the car for the mission.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey Kenny!

Yes, I do have the Bearcat loaded in m4sdl file, but I have it loaded as "OTHER", like the hovercar in Pocket Protector, since I am planning on having it be the player car in m4. This wasn't a problem in m3sd, so I don't think it would be a problem here?
It should be loaded as "AI"
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey Munky,

I know for a fact that it is not that Bearcat that's crashing the game because I tried loading the objective without it and it still crashed.
"OTHER" should still be "AI" since you're not driving it in the pre-mission. You should only use "OTHER" for when you're actually driving the car in the mission itself. Never use it in the pre-mission since you won't be driving it there, and you'll need to load it again anyway as "OTHER".

Looking at your mission again, I see you're using some locators from Mission 5. While "m5_carstart" does exist in the level.p3d which is always loaded (meaning you can use that anywhere), "m5_homer_start" doesn't exist in there at all. If you give the game an invalid locator, it's bound to do some pretty strange things. Try changing that to something else.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Frink's car was loaded as "OTHER" in the m3sdl file, so I figured I'd load the bearcat as that just in case (I didn't think it would matter). I will load it as AI on your request.

m5_homer_start is in my level.p3d, although I don't remember if I created it or if it was there to begin with.

EDIT: I loaded it as AI and it did work, which is strange since the objective was broken before even with // before loading the car... thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!