Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Changing the shop and phone booth music for an IL

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Is it possible for the music that plays when in a shop or phone booth to be changed ONLY for one level? I know about this music in the game files that sounds like it was originally supposed to be the browsing music for level 7's shops and booths and I want to implement it. If it's not, I might just make it a seperate music mod that will be meant to be activated when the user is playing level 7 (along with new Hit and Run theme)
It's doable but somewhat complicated to do and it does require hex editing one RMS file for the new track. I can elaborate if you'd like.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Loren Goodwin

Sure, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it but why not try.
Well basically you'd need to have modified versions of the .rsd file(s) for the phonebooth music (I think there's only one) and a hex edited copy of l7_music.rms.

Then you'd have to handle the phonebooth music with a Lua Path Handler and redirect it based on what level you're in. Unfortunately there's no good way to get the level you're currently in using Custom Files Lua Scripts. The best way I've thought of is handling the HUD Maps and setting a global variable each time one is loaded.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Loren Goodwin

Whoops forgot to reply to this. I haven't worked with Lua yet, but I'd like to start. I'm not really sure what you mean by the HUD maps thing though.