Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Full Textbibles in CustomText Format

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
UPDATE
This post is kind of pointless now since these can be extracted directly from the games text Bible using Pure3D Editor 4. This is what I originally did when I made this post before the release of that program.

You can find the text Bible P3D file at this location in the games folder:
art\frontend\scrooby\resource\txtbible\srr2.p3d

And you can export it like this:

Also it's important to remember this is mostly for looking up the names of strings more easily (you can also use Text Names shipped with the mod launcher for this). You should not extract these and copy them straight into your mod for use as a base for your CustomText file. This will lead to your mod pointlessly overriding every string with their default values. You should just copy things out of these you need and tweak them as you see fit.
So, wait... If I want Multi-Language CustomText, do I put these files into the CustomFiles folder or the Resources folder?
You'd make a CustomText folder in your mods root folder and have multiple CustomText .ini files (the name can be whatever).

I posted these because my full tutorial regarding this is coming pretty soon and I wanted to reference these. It's not terribly hard though so you'll probably get it from the explanation above.
OK... And I don't do anything in the Meta.ini file, right?
As long as you have CustomText required, there's nothing else to do there.

What about that part that says "DefaultLanguage=English"?
Oh right I forgot about that. That just specifies which of your languages is the default one.

This is referring to the file name, so "English" makes it default to using "English.ini" in Donut Mod.

Having a CustomText folder makes the launcher automatically add the language setting to your mod by the way.
OK!

EDIT: Question - How do you insert a line break into a CustomText file? I can't seem to figure it out!
You mean in a CustomText string? Use \n.
I've run into a problem... Every time I open Lucas' Mod Launcher, it keeps saying "Could not load the mod 'The Speedy Simpsons Mod'. An unexpected end of line was encountered while reading a property key when loading an INI file." 

I don't know WHAT is causing this error, though... I've looked at the Meta.ini file and my CustomText (English.ini and Lithuanian.ini) files, and I don't see any random line breaks or anything... Do you know what could be causing the error?