Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Questions About Skins

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I have a few questions about modifying a skin:

1. How do you rename a skin in CustomText.ini?
2. How do you change the fill (ex. How Marge - Inmate fills with orange and gets the ankle weight)?
3. Is it possible to add/remove skeleton joints and meshes from skins (ex. Removing the ankle weight from Marge - Inmate)?

Any answers would be fantabulous!
The name of a skin is it's internal name in CustomText.ini, like H_DONUT is the name of Homer - Donut.

The characters mostly use a swatches image found in art\chars\global.p3d for their colors. You have to copy that image over to the character and then edit the copy. It's also best to rename the texture and the shader and references to it in the character so it doesn't have a chance of conflicting with anything else and causing weird issues.

I don't really know.

Also if you want to, you can make your new skins have an entirely new internal name and link them to whatever character you want so they don't even override the games originals (less conflicts with other mods is always better IMO). I can explain that more if you want to do it.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@duckdotexe

Ah, ok! I didn't put the internal name in capitals so it didn't work. I wouldn't mind if you elaborated on changing the internal name although I don't know if it will be necessary in my mod as it's just a single level mod with Marge.
You can rename the character using Pure3D Editor 4 with a tool in the Tools menu called Rename Character.

Then you can require CustomDialogueCharacterCodes and add this to CustomDialogueCharacterCodes.ini:

[NongenericOutfits]
newoutfitname=4

"newoutfitname" should be whatever you named the new outfit for Marge. If you want to be consistent with Radical's naming scheme it should start with m_ but it doesn't actually matter. This basically assigns the outfit to Marge's NongenericCharacters index which is 4.

Also bear in mind the file name must be the first 6 characters (if there's 6 or more) of the outfits name with _m.p3d on the end.

Also there's a bug in the current version of the Mod Launcher (1.13.1 at the time of writing this) where CustomDialogueCharacterCodes.ini will not be included in a compiled mod unless it's marked as Decompilable.