Forum Mod Bakery Docs

adding phone booth image for custom car

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi,

i want to add some custom cars buyable in level 1,but when i select they in the phone booth the game says:

"(car name).p3d wasn't found in art\frontend\dynaload\images\cars2D"

how can i create an image that the game can support and put it in a p3d file with lucas p3d editor?

please help me

Dan:-)
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Dan

The phone booth images for cars in the game are located in this directory: art\frontend\dynaload\images\cars2D

First, create that directory in your CustomFiles folder.

Now, you can either reuse the images from one of the game's existing cars for your car, or create new ones. Note that there are two p3d files for each car, which are vehicle_name, and vehicle_nameD, where vehicle name is the internal name for the car. To use another car's images simply copy them from the game directory, place them in your mod's directory, and rename them so your car's internal name is in place of the existing car's internal name.

To create your own images, open an existing car's cars2D file, extract the image inside, and check the size of it. This is the size of the image that is permitted. I also believe it needs to be in .png format, but I'm not sure. Anyway, do the same thing I told you to do above (copying and renaming the files) and import your selected image in place of the existing ones (remember to do this for both the normal and the D one, the D one is 'damaged', so if you want to change your image for that to make it look damaged you can)

To create your image, if you have a program such as photoshop, take a screenshot (Ctrl + printscreen) of your car at the desired angle, paste in in photoshop, and use the magnet lasso tool to draw around your car, cut it out, and paste it in on a blank canvas. If you don't have photoshop or a similar program, you may need to just include the background of the picture in your cars2D file.

Note that the other files in the cars2D folder (the bmps or pngs or whatever) do not matter, don't do anything with them.

Hope this helps!
Actually you can just save an image of it with transparency in Pure3D Editor 4.

You can also tick Damage Textures in the same menu then capture it again to have it with damaged textures for the D icon.

You can also open the Camera window from the same menu and save a preset of the Camera angle that you can use by selecting it in the list on the right side of the Camera window so all your cars are at the same angle in their icons.

[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@duckdotexe

Helpful tips. Thanks!