The mod is dead,
the thread is locked,
Yellow Shift's grave is under six feet of rock.
I'm sorry to say,
that Skinner and Marge,
will never see their story enlarged.
But don't fret, my friend,
as you will see,
there are plenty of other mods to enjoy on DT.
I enjoyed making Yellow Shift,
with the help of my mates,
but this story ended on an earlier date.
This is an awesome idea. I never thought of looking at the levels from another perspective.
Thanks! Yeah, Marge is my favorite character to play as so I wanted to do something with her, and I just thought of this.
Will there be more than 1 level
Most likely not, since it's implied in level 2 that all the Bonestorm games are gone.
This spin off sort of reminds me of Half-Life: Blue Shift which is slightly ironic considering Marge has some large blue hair.
Hit & Run: Blue Shift.
I thought that the idea for this mod is really good. Just finished playing it now.
I might have to steal that name. I'll credit you, don't worry.
I'm glad you liked the idea. Did you like the missions themselves?
@max_power998 Yes I thought the missions were a clever idea. Maybe a bit difficult when I first played them but still doable. also liked the idea of Homer doing his missions while Marge has her own missions.
Thanks! Yeah I'm planning on tweaking the difficulty of some of the missions because the way it is now is kinda sloppy.
@max_power998 besides that though the mod is great. I know you said that there was probably going to be only 1 level but it would be cool to see other levels with different perspectives. for example playing level 2 as Frink.
If there's enough demand for another level I will probably make one. The character I would choose for level 2 would most likely be either Milhouse or Frink.
EDIT: Right now I'm having trouble getting the game to start with the mod, which is weird since I've made NO changes since I posted this.
I'm not terribly good at reviews but I just played your entire mod just now and let me say:
Hot damn that was exhilarating. The whole mod is jam packed with an awesome set of missions. It feels very fresh and I love how well you intertwined Marge's day with Homer's.
I would love to see you extend this concept more if you're up to it, it was a fantastic experience overall.
Seconding Loren's experience. I went ahead and downloaded the mod and informed him it had a release. After playing with it, I'd like to give a little bit of quick feedback:
- Concept is amazing and executed almost perfectly! It really is neat seeing Level 1 from another character's perspective. I adored the little details you did with Homer occasionally popping up in Marge's missions, making it appear as if the original game's missions were taking place in the background.
- Difficulty was really awesome. It's a lot tougher than the original Level 1 for those interested, and it's honestly nearly perfect for me. The last two missions were the icing on the cake and really well executed.
- Use of text messages to convey plot is actually done really well here. It doesn't feel like it weighs down the mod too much.
- Bits and pieces of the plot I didn't quite understand as a whole, but the concept is so cool that I can overlook them. For instance, what causes Bart to want to pursue getting Bonestorm II after all of this? It seems a little weird that he'd join Marge to take down the company and then go looking for a copy of the video game. I understand the mod is meant to be only one Level, but from my understanding after this Level the original game still takes place.
- The timer in L1M7 where (Spoilers Ahead) you have to get back to the Power Plant after losing the company Sedan seems a little unfair since it carries over from the chase stage.
Really minor nitpicks, but I praise this mod for it's originality in terms of telling an interesting story and executing the concept of having another "Level" taking place in the background. This is incredibly awesome, and currently my favorite user-made mod on the website (other than another one that George did)! Congratulations!
I totally didn't edit Kenny's post, Kenny.
(I actually didn't though.. Only influenced him otherwise.)
Anyways, back to topic, I'm going to go try the mod now as well!
This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.