Forum Mod Bakery Docs

"Buffer Overrun Detected"and other problems

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I have the simpsons hit and run and i ever edit the traffic before the first play.I can play the game fine,but since a few days there's one problem:
"Microsoft Visual C++ detected a buffer overrun and the game can't continue execution safely."
I remember i tried to edit L2M7 some days ago(but now i maked it normal),and since i did it the game shows me this message a few minutes after the begin of the execution.
What causes the game to do this?

P.S i think i wrong to edit the mission directly by editing m7i.mfk(i wish to have destroy cell phone a b c and d).

Also,when i launch the game from lucas launcher after the radical video the game crashes.

I reinstalled the game so many times,but this problem persists.

How can i fix these issues?Please help me!

Dan:-(
First off, while I hate to be the one to nag, it sounds as if you edited the game's files directly.

Because of the benefits Lucas' Launcher offers (being able to replace the game's files without having to edit them directly, modern computer support, etc.), there is really no reason to launch the game without it OR edit the game's files directly. I'm quite serious when I say it's simply not worth editing the game's files directly at all for any reason. If you need help creating a mod that edits the traffic to your liking without overwriting anything, then I'd be more than happy to link you to a simple tutorial or write one up myself. If you continue to edit the game's files directly, then I'm not really sure I can help you. Editing the files directly is too risky and we simply don't condone it.

As for the issue, it sounds oddly familiar. I feel as if the game is being corrupted somehow by an edited file, but you stated that you've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple of times. I'd recommend trying to reinstall the game again, and don't edit any of the game's files to see if persists.
Truly,i edit the traffic not directly,but with lucas tweak,an old lucas program which is so useful and good.I ever use it and i not have this problem since a few days.
This post has been removed.
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
We suggest removing save files that you may have as they may be the culprit. Having too many coins can cause this, and it's the only thing we know of that does so. The maximum amount of coins you can have is 9,999,999.

The save files are named "save" with a number at the end. They are located next to your game install or in some cases, the VirtualStore.

If they are not next to your game's install, you can check:
%localappdata%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Vivendi Universal Games\The Simpsons Hit & Run\

---

To expand upon what Kenny said, editing the files directly means editing your game files which is what Lucas' Tweak does.