Forum Mod Bakery Docs

My Simpsons Road Rage "remake"

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Thanks to Lucas' tools he made, I was able to do a shoddy remake of Simpsons Road Rage in a 3D game making engine called 3D Rad, and the coolest thing is this engine requires no coding skills. Here it is!:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9alG_CBdgbo

EDIT (5/30/2016 at 3:46 AM): I added Mr. Burns so he drives by when the level starts, just like in the original ,and I changed the camera angles to match the originals, and then I was able to fix the Homer car mesh so it's no longer very dark. Playable demo up for download in description
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
This looks pretty awesome!
Man thats cool!!!!
Interesting.

Well, let me start by saying this is an interesting port/remake. However I must advise you that this is an impossible task to fully complete. Lucas' Pure3D Editor does not support many things that would be needed to finish this such as animations. Not only that, but while I do not know how in-depth 3D Rad lets you get with it's visual programming, it will only get you so far. Traditional programming is needed to make a game with more complexity.

Going forward, we'd like to also state that Donut Team will not be supporting this project due to it's legal grey area. You can continue to share on here for now.

Good luck,
Jake Andreøli
I agree with you. It would be impossible to do this entirely, since the engine itself is so limited compared to most modern engines. I started it just to see how far I can push the engine's limits. I already know the game will never be a complete product, and I knew that the moment I started it. I can see why you guys wouldn't support the project, though, because as you said, it's just too risky and it's pretty much illegal what I'm doing; essentially plagiarizing a copyrighted work. If I get a C&D from FOX, I'll stop publicly showing it, but will not stop working on it .This is just a simple little side-project of mine. 3D Rad wasn't meant to make something as large as a full-blown remake of a complex game for sure, and I knew what I was getting into the moment I started it
Brakes/10, like Skyrim with cars

On a serious note, pretty cool so far. Good luck with this
I'm interested in this, but your youtube link is down? I'd love you see your work! Please fix the link. ;)
This isn't the video you want but someone tried to do the exact same thing many years ago on the same engine www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LDnDsPJs_4 if you don't mind could you please re-upload the video because I would like to compare it to this other remake.
Ah, you've found one of my super old channels :) Same guy, and I made that "remake" years ago, back in 2011. Here's a link to the topic regarding this remake, and a download to a 3D Rad installation with all the assets and the project file to the game itself as I've lost interest in making it.

3dradboards.org/thread/469/simpsons-road-rage-remake
Can Somebody Give Me A Link To The Video Or The Download Files?