Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How to translate the game text ?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi! Im new in this forum and i need to know what is the program with that i can translate the game text. 
I want to do an Italian Translation of my childhood favourite game :D. 
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hello Frenzo95, and welcome to the forums!

If you're interested in modding SHAR's text to be in Italian, it's pretty simple.

First, you need to install Lucas' Hit & Run Launcher. Make sure you have run it once, and then close out of it.

Once that's done, go to this directory:

Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Mods
Once in there, create a new folder inside the "Mods" folder. Then create a .ini file inside of that which has these strings:

[Miscellaneous]
Title=Italian Translation
InternalName=Italian

Category=Text Mods

RequiredHack=CustomText
Save that file as Meta.ini. Then go here:

http://donutteam.com/forum/topic/72/

Download the file in the first post, and open up the zip file. Open up the English text file, and translate that. Once you're done, save it i the same folder as Meta.ini.

Then go launch Lucas' Launcher and run the mod you've created. All the text you translated should appear fine! 

If you want to translate some of the other things not included in the text bible, such as the license screens, then you need to use Lucas' P3D Editor. For the most part, all of the game's text is in the CustomText.ini file though.

Hope that's helpful. If you need help setting up a template, please let me know.
Also, something that Kenny Giles should have mentioned... The game does NOT support all accented characters... only some of them are supported...! Keep that in mind when translating!
Maybe we can make a mod pack later on that people can use to get around this problem.
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)