Forum Mod Bakery Docs

1996 Eagle Talon mod

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Releasing another Eagle Talon mod on here now.

Features:
Eagle Talon (Best part of the mod IMO)
Working lights (Not yet, that'll be an update. I wanted to get this out)
Working sound
Randomizing colors
Decompilable
Shiny body colors

Pictures:

Change log

To do:
-Do lights
-Add character support since theres an interior now
-Fine tune handling
-Add more colors because lel
-Find a better car to steal the horn from

Download it here
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Looks nice man! I like that there's an interior this time; it looks much better
Thanks Max. Like it says, Im going to try to take advantage of that
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, isn't that a mitsubishi eclipse gsx...??
1 and 2G Eclipses and Talons were basically the same car. "The second generation (or "2G") Eagle Talon was introduced in 1995 simultaneously with its Mitsubishi Eclipse counterpart..." (Wikipedia). Mitsubishi and Chrysler formed a joint venture called Diamond Star Motors (DSM), where many vehicles were manufactured. With the founding of DSM came the creation of the Chrysler-headed company Eagle, named after the AMC Eagle, which produced several different vehicles including the Talon, Summit, and Vision. 1G Eclipses/Talons/Lasers (Plymouth) were all based on the same platform with differences including body and engine layouts, and after the 1994 model year Plymouth discontinued its Laser, leaving the Eclipse and Talon. 2Gs were nearly identical inside and out, with main differences being branding and Mitsubishi offering Spyder versions of their side of the project.
TLDR; Basically yes, technically no

(I know a lot about this sorry lol)
So i look up some more info and while i'm not saying your lazy since it's completely possible that an Eagle Talon '96 model doesn't exist, this is simply a Eclipse GSX model. The two cars are actually different in terms of visual.
I dont quite understand what you mean honestly. The 1996 Eagle Talon TSI AWD was basically the same thing as the 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, they just had different badging. Both cars had different submodels (The only one thats coming to my head right now is the ESI for the Talon, which used a N/A 4G63 IIRC) and they usually ended up looking different. I downloaded the model, and it was based off of a 96 Talon that some guy's friend owns. Its obviously not stock. I can assure you that Eagle made Talons for the 1996 model year. You also have to remember that parts on these cars are interchangable, and that includes body panels. Just because a Talon doesnt have a spoiler like that doesnt mean someone cant have one that has one, all they have to do is get replacement Eclipse parts