Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Homer's Weird Night! (Part I)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I Start with this, this name was the best i did think of. (and yeah, My Second Mod, next to the Horrible mod i made in the Old Forums... lol, i was very very novice at that moment)

Weird Things are happening at the night! it's up to Homer for investigate! (still don't know if you gonna like the story, but this mod is supposed to be Especially Hard and Fun)

Mod Release : Unknown (Probably this or next week.)

Progress : 90/100%

Mission 0 : 100% Complete!

Mission 1 : Hummm..

Mission 2 : 95% Complete! (Need to fix some AI Problems/Bugs)

Mission 3 : 100% Complete!

Mission 4 : 80% Complete! (Need to Add Some Time-Limits and Fix AI Bugs)

Mission 5 : 100% Complete!

Mission 6 : 100% Complete!

Mission 7 : 100% Complete!

Street-Race 1 : Completed!

Street-Race 2 : Completed!

Street-Race 3 : 99% (Need to fix an problem that when restarting game crashes)

Rewards : Stats Speed Acceleration Handling Toughness
Family Sedan (Default Level Car) : 3,3,3,3

Black Ferrini (Reward for completing Street-Race) : 5,5,2.5,0.5

Car Built for Homer (Reward for completing Street-Race) : 4,3,3,4

Mr. Burns' Limo (Purchase from Gil) : 3,5,2.5,3.5

Black Van (Purchase from Gil) : 3,3,3,5

Otto's School Bus (Still deciding if is going to be purchased at Gil or Barney) : 2,4,3,5

All Cars with Improved Handling to be Useful!
Text Dialogue

New Traffic Car! (An Skinner's Sedan Recolor with Vanilla Game's Family Sedan Handling and Sound)

things to still do :
Create New Car Icons

Fix Some Bugs.

Start Mission 0 Development.

Screenshots
es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jdoq9x&s=9#.V551hLjhDIV

es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wnpw1l&s=9#.V551xbjhDIU

es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zvsqqq&s=9#.V551-bjhDIU

es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u97rrs&s=9#.V552ZrjhDIU

es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yxez9i&s=9#.V552mLjhDIU

Video Showcase :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Kxkd4noHs&feature=youtu.be
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Sounds cool. I'm interested to see how this turns out :)
I'm uploading an Video of the Mission 0 of the mod, visit this page when ready : www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Kxkd4noHs&feature=youtu.be
It seems very cool! :D I'll play it of course! :D I can't wait for the release date! MAYBE I'd like to do a video, a game play of your mod in the future! :D (crediting you)
If you want to ^^
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Looks pretty cool! I like the idea of luring chase cars away from an ally.
about up, the first one to do this was SCM. the most harder mod ever. lol

hey, a problem happened . not know why, any Professional Modder about this?

well, i just tried to Add two new locators and put Nelson/Milhouse in those. (both Level01 and Level04 files, because there is swap level.)

game crashed for No-Reason, yesterday i tried to move Nelson and Milhouse OG locators in both files that are EXACTLY the same. but they didn't move, for some reason.

after Game Crash, tried to put .mfk leveli and demoi files to what those were before, but nothing happened, game still crashes when LOADING level.

any clue? did i corrupt the game? this is really frustrating me. this makes me want to abandon the project, but don't want to do that, this is the best mod i've done. maybe the release would need to wait more time. NOT sure
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I will help you. Do you have a skype? because I think that would help.

But here's what might be wrong.

Type 0 Locators should ONLY be used for locations, and type 3 are used for spawning stuff. If you need any help, my skype is: Thomas Donofri (Hipporeno)
Can't wait to see what this mod brings once it's out.

I think I've had an issue like that before, where even after putting certain files back to what they were, the game crashes no matter what. Try backing up everything that loads when you load up the game (Level scripts, m0i/m0l, rewards.mfk) and then seeing which specific file is breaking.
@hipporeno
I am using type 3 locator, maybe swapping levels has many limitations. Just adding two new locators, mod .mfk file, game crashes, tried to leave file Like it was and remove both locators that crashed the game.
@gibstack thanks. I'll try that, if it doens't work i would have to make pre mission (still not that much) locators from 0%, expect release from this or in one/two weeks
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I would try using whatever level you swapped's original files, not level 1's files. when I swap a level, I copy all the files from the level I intend to swap. and edit accordingly.