Forum Mod Bakery Docs

[Solved]Launcher crashes instantly

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I'm wanting to use the Lucas' SHAR Launcher but for some odd reason whenever I open it it just crashes instantly.

I'm running 32-bit/x86 Windows XP SP3 (My W10 PC is getting repaired), I have .net 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, 4 Extended.

I don't know why it won't work, I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything properly, I extracted the executable and the two folders from the archive, place them in a folder and launched the .exe and just get a damn error.

It comes up with the classic "Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The Error signature is 90% illegible but here it is.
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : gcmt0l3ejtxkhj55exub0fodjujogrzj P2 : 1.14.0.0
P3 : 57701c6e P4 : system P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4889de7a P7 : 30e7
P8 : 47 P9 : ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow

Perhaps the clr20r3 means something.

Either way I'm a bit peeved it doesn't work on my computer, do you archive older versions of the launcher? If so would it be possible for me to try out some of the older versions on my system?

XP is useless for running most modern things so I often have to track down older versions of software.

Many thanks
Wow nevermind I managed to fix it.

Get this, the reason it didn't work was cause the address was too long, it used to be C:\Documents and Settings\George\My Documents\Downloads\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher 1.14

and I changed it to C:\s. and that fixed it.

I feel silly now.