Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How do i texture something using Lucas's p3d editor

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello :D
i have a custom model that i want to texture, i tested the model ingame (it works) and i want to be able to texture it :P
can someone tell me how to do it?

Edit 1: i also took the time to set his skeleton, if thats good :P
This post has been removed.
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
In Lucas' P3D Editor, import your desired texture over an existing one and then correspond it to a shader by typing the texture's name in the box that says "Texture". Then go to an old primitive group under the mesh you want to texture and select the correct shader in the drop down menu that you'll see at the bottom-right.

Hope this helps; good luck!
Old primitive group?

Edit 1: nvm foundd it

Edit 2: OMG I DID IT!!
thanks for telling me!

Edit 3: now it crashes when i try to use it as a costume ;-;

Edit 4: and its too big

Mod Edit: I edited your posts so they're combined. While double posting (or multi posting) isn't rulebreaking, it's a little excessive. Using the edit button on top of your post (on the right) is preferred in these cases. Thanks!
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
You can edit posts you know.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Make sure you have CustomSkinPreviewAnimations and CustomAnimationSetSupport as required hacks in Meta.ini, and that you have CustomSkinPreviewAnimations.ini in your mod's root folder.

Then, put this in CustomSkinPreviewAnimations.ini:

[Miscellaneous]
#=char_loco_idle_rest

The # should be filled in with the level you're selling the skin in, starting with '0' and ending with '6'. 'char' should be filled in with the animation code of the character you're basing your skin's idle animation on. I believe it's 'hom' for Homer, 'brt' for Bart, 'lsa' for Lisa, 'mrg' for Marge, and 'apu' for Apu.

This should solve your issue. If not, reply, and I can help you further.