Forum Mod Bakery Docs

PS4 Controller Help

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I do hope this is the right board for vanilla game support too.

I am trying to play H&R with a PS4 controller but I am having issues mapping the controls. Pressing buttons on the controller does not change control bindings in the settings menu, nor do the default control setting work with the controller.

I am using DS4 Windows which emulates an Xbox controller from the PlayStation controller I am using. This part of the process I know is working as I have tested with other games and software, which all recognize my button presses as Xbox controller inputs. I have previously used a PS3 controller and the Scptoolkit software to successfully control the game, with that controller's inputs being recognized as "J YAXIS +", etc. as expected. I am surprised the DS4 Windows software is giving me more grief considering it was simpler to set up.

I am aware of JoyToKey and will be using it anyway for Esc button mapping. However this is an uncomfortable solution for me as it does not allow for partial controller movement, such as only slightly moving the joystick (it registers a joystick move/button press as a binary input).

I hope someone has had this problem and can help, or has an idea of what I should try next. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Hi monkey you clearly have more knowledge than me about these things and im sorry but i cant help with your issue but you might be able to answer a question i have. i also use scptool and better ds3 with a ps3 controller but i cant see to pan/rotate the camera in the game even though ive mapped it within the games controller settings. have you had this issue? i can only rotate the camera within the game using the mouse, can you help??
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
I'm sure your asking the exact same question, If I were you I'd find another controller spoofer.