Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Discussion: Unused Content

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
As you probably know (either through TCRF or through me), SHaR has a lot of unused content, and I thought of a lot of theories for how some of them could have been used, so I thought I'd share some of them. Post you're theories here, too, because a lot of this stuff needs to be solved.

• If the PR Asset Discs are to be trusted, then the "FIND THE CROP CIRCLE" unused stage message would be used after For A Few Donuts More. Marge would drive there, find Cletus, and attempt to question him.
  • The HUD icon for the Legitimate Businessman's Social Club, as well as the "DRIVE TO THE LEGITIMATE BUSINESSMAN'S SOCIAL CLUB" stage message would be used after Incriminating Caffeine. You can even see in the final game that the truck drives past the Social Club in the mission, and when you collect the last box, the truck and you are warped there.
  • The Cube Van vehicle, according to the PR Asset Discs would be an AI controlled vehicle. That's it.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Crop Circle - Sounds logical
LBSC - I don't think so. There is an unused L5M4 dialogue, where Apu states he need to "consult someone with connections to Springfield's seedy underbelly". In the original L5M4, this line makes no sense, since he just arrived to the DMV, and just found someone with connections to seedy underbelly. In the Revised Mission Outline Script, M4 is labelled as "Get the registration", and has nothing to do with following Wiggum to find Snake, instead, you have to destroy the cola truck. So, LBSC HUD icon must have been used here, in the premission of L5M4. That unused line would also appear and make more sense
Cube Van - afaik, it was just a test vehicle or a template for future vans, idk
Gordon CMB:

No, the vehicle list on the PR Asset Discs does list it under "AI Only cars".

More theories:

• Some unused dialogue seems to indicate that Bonfire Of The Manatees had a cut "lose the tail" segment with Cletus. This may have been cut because of how the segment would start: It would either start by having the lines of dialogue played, and THEN starting the chase, or by starting the chase, and having the player wait a few lines to even know why there is one.
  • Unused mission failure text regarding the tractor beam: The player would have to get out of their vehicle while being sucked up. The stage message for driving into the beam even mentions getting out of you're vehicle.
  • Unused mission failure text regarding "Player hit": Could be related to wasp cameras, or certain "lose the tail" objectives, or even the sections in certain missions mentioned by the PR Asset Discs (such as Incriminating Caffeine) where the player would have to avoid chase sedans while doing a certain task.
  • Unused "WATCH OUT FOR THE CHASE SEDANS" stage message: Probably linked in some way to sections in certain missions mentioned by the PR Asset Discs where the player would have to preform a certain task while avoiding chase sedans.
  • Unused mission failure text regarding "Player out-of-bounds": As TCRF stated, adding this condition to a mission script will automatically fail the mission upon coming into contact with a death plane. I've no clue as to why this is never used, as it could, if used correctly make some missions a bit more difficult.
Interesting. Here are my thoughts of some of unused contents:

• The crop circle thing sounds logical, I wonder why it wasn't used.
  • Cube Van - I think it was probably a test vehicle or a base for the other trucks such as Duff Truck and Bonestorm Truck
  • Tractor beam - Exactly, the player was supposed to manually exit the vehicle but in final game it happens automatically.
  • Player hit - Either getting hit by a wasp camera like you said (unlikely during a mission, maybe in rare cases in collection type of missions if player didn't destroy cameras earlier) or maybe hit on foot by a vehicle since you can get run over by mission vehicles and Hit & Run police cars. This is my only guess as I don't see why you would simply fail by some vehicle ramming your vehicle, if your vehicle got destroyed then I would understand (as destroying your vehicle is also a failure condition in some missions of final game).
  • Chase Sedans - Maybe they were supposed to be used in more missions throughout the game, like L3M2 and I also heard they were supposed to be used as Hit & Run chase vehicles in Level 6, which is actually something I thought about that as kid, seeing that in level 7 two Hearses chase you and since Chase Sedan is seen as another police vehicle, it makes sense to have the chase sedan chasing you as well, in level 6.
  • Out of bounds - Yes this is what I'm thinking, it would have made a lot of sense to have this feature enabled even in all of the missions, as I don't think the difficulty would change that much and it would add an extra risk to take care of during missions.