Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Interesting Thing About Wasp Cameras

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I don't have any footage of it, but I just discovered that wasp cameras can take out other wasp cameras. Not sure if this is general knowledge, but I found it pretty neat?
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
I remember finding about this even as a kid when I was trying to make wasps shoot each other, at other people (to see if they get electrocuted too but they just get thrown in air as if hit by vehicle) and at vehicles. So yes I noticed they can destroy themselves and they can even destroy cars after a few shots, mostly the ones that are more fragile and take few hits to destroy. As a side effect if the wasp is near the vehicle that explodes, it will get destroyed as well.
They can also zap NPC drivers out of their car. Weird one?
I'm not sure if this is considered strange behaviour or not, but the The Simpsons: Hit & Run Wikia states that upon collecting a Collector Card or a Wrench, "the wasp(s) will begin charging their laser". I'm not sure if this means that any Wasp Cameras in the vicinity of the player will start charging their projectiles upon collecting a Wrench/Collector Card, or that as soon as the player collects a Wrench/Collector Card, the Wasp Cameras become active and that they can't fire projectiles until you've collected one.
They can also zap NPC drivers out of their car. Weird one?
Yes, I noticed this too when I was a kid. In fact it's a known glitch even shown on some YouTube videos. Unlike other glitches, I didn't find this one as fun to mess with. However I also remember a weirder glitch if the wasp manages to hit a NPC that is far away, the NPC will fall through ground. I remember doing this on the school playground in level 1 but I think it will work better in levels 4 and 7 due to wasps shooting more shots. I don't know of any other good locations for testing this.

I'm not sure if this is considered strange behaviour or not, but the The Simpsons: Hit & Run Wikia states that upon collecting a Collector Card or a Wrench, "the wasp(s) will begin charging their laser". I'm not sure if this means that any Wasp Cameras in the vicinity of the player will start charging their projectiles upon collecting a Wrench/Collector Card, or that as soon as the player collects a Wrench/Collector Card, the Wasp Cameras become active and that they can't fire projectiles until you've collected one.
Ah yes, I've noticed this quite recently as well (the last year or 2 years ago). If you collect either a wrench or a collector card while a wasp is already active (just spying you, not charged yet), it will start charging the laser and attack you normally as the other type of wasps that are already activated upon seeing you. I'm surprised I didn't notice this feature as a kid, I didn't pay much attention I suppose (even though I've messed with wasps quite a bit) but it's an interesting fact and it may be helpful if you destroy the wasp before collecting any wrenches/cards. Either way any wasp can get aggressive by just jumping close to them, they will also start charging laser even if they are staying in same place. But yeah easiest way to make a wasp aggressive (that is already activated) is to collect the wrench/card, it will make it charge its laser. Hope you understand!

Related to what I said above in my previous post, I wonder if it will be possible in future to make NPCs get electrocuted by wasp for fun, instead of getting thrown in air. Just like how currently thanks to ASF, it is possible to make NPCs explode upon kicking them. Only problem is each pedestrian will need its own electrocuted sprite, at least one for male, female, kid, etc.