Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Custom Mission Pictures.

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
You know when you start a mission, and you're greeted with a picture showing the mission, for example.
In S-M-R-T, you have a picture of 2 arrows, one of them with a "Skinner" icon indicating a race pointing the location icon, being the school, and next to it being a chemical flask with a picture of Lisa, indicating her science project that you must give to her. I would like to know how to edit this please, I know where I can find them, but i'm not sure how to edit them.
The mission briefing screen images are placed within P3D (Pure3D) files located at the following directory: art\frontend\dynaload\images. The filenames follow the format of "mis0X_0Y" for regular missions, where X is the level number (1-7), and Y is the mission number (1-7 are story missions, 8 is the bonus mission, although bonus mission briefing screen art can be changed in the script as opposed to story missions, where the image used is hardcoded to the file in the aforementioned path). In addition to this, there are some extra files used for other purposes. These follow the format of "misXX_YY". where XX refers to nothing, and YY are the codes below:

"CP" = Checkpoint Race, Levels 1-6
"CT" = Circuit Race, Levels 1-6
"GR" = Wager Race
"HW" = Street Races, Level 7
"PS" = Patty and Selma "Street Races complete" screen
"TT" = Time Trial, Levels 1-6

In order to edit them, you will need Lucas' Pure3D Editor. Open the chosen P3D file with the tool, select the sprite, right click, and either export the image (from where you can edit it with image editing software of your choice) or import a new image to replace it.
I think i'll just not bother editing it then, sounds very complicated to me. XD

But i'll try and see what I can do with it, since I do have tons of useful edit softwares