A silly mod to mix up your SHAR experience by randomising vehicles, characters, music and a bunch of stuff.
Can add a bit of variety to the game for people who play it a lot (speedrunners, for example) or who like dumb things.
Incredibly customisable to randomise the game your way(tm) and infamous for doing unusually horrifying things in Lua.
This is is now version 2.0 because there's a lot of crazy new features and it's mostly stable. Note that it's very possible you *will* crash the game,
there are a lot of unusual cases to this game and randomising everything is very complicated. Please play with saves!
Download/Issues/etc are on Github here: https://github.com/EnAppelsin/SHARCarRandomiser
Please check the Randomiser website's setting page for information on the options (there's a lot)
The compiled version is available on the releases page: https://github.com/EnAppelsin/SHARCarRandomiser/releases
Copy the mod file (.lmlm) to your Mods folder (usually Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Mods).
Run the Mod Launcher and change the settings to match your needs, then play the game.
For random dialogue and random custom cars extra setup is necessary: Please check the Randomiser website's setting page for information on the setup and more.
The best way to contribute is to play the mod and report crashes with as much information you can provide!
The mod is open source and all code contributions are welcome, please consider reading CONTRIBUTING for more detail on the best ways to help!
- Missions will spawn you where you start if you restart the mission once, this is because adding a forced car teleports you.
- The list of cars to chose from is built into the script and so if you use mods which add extra cars they won't be chosen, and if a mod removes cars the game will crash if the randomiser picks it. There is now Custom Cars support to add extra cars, but it requires some work!
- Your car will vanish at the end of the mission, even if you are in it. Again this is because of how forced cars work.
- There is a spot where random characters will be sat in mid air. This is due to how passengers/drivers work.
- The game probably will crash, this is because the mod is complicated and the game does not appreciate a lot of changes