Forum Mod Bakery Docs

My Lucas Mod Launcher doesn't open and stops responding

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Everytime I Try to Open Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher.exe it opens but imediatly stops responding can someone help me? please?!
Does it freeze or do you get a crash message? If it's freezing, it sounds similar to this issue: donutteam.com/forum/topic/1980/ that we've yet to solve.

What OS are you using? If you get a crash message, could you share it?

Any additional details would be helpful such as when it's crashing/freezing (immediately, when trying to launch the game, ect)

You could also try the older version, if that works, let us know so we can look into it:
1.17.1: donutteam.com/apps/Lucas'%20Simpsons%20Hit%20&%20Run%20Mod%20Launcher%201.17.2.zip
1.17.2: donutteam.com/apps/Lucas'%20Simpsons%20Hit%20&%20Run%20Mod%20Launcher%201.17.1.zip
I don't know what would be causing that but for now you can try disabling the update check to see if it helps work around the issue.

You can do this by unticking "Check for Updates" in the Launcher tab of the Launcher Settings.

As of version 1.18 of the Mod Launcher, you can open the Launcher Settings, bypassing the main window of the Mod Launcher (including the update check), by starting the Mod Launcher with the -launchersettings command line argument.

If you don't know how to start a program with arguments, the easiest way is probably to make a shortcut to the Mod Launcher executable (Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher), right-click on the shortcut, choose Properties and then add a space followed by -launchersettings to the end of the Target:
Click OK and then double-click on the shortcut (the shortcut can be deleted afterwards). Alternatively, you can run this .reg file: www.dropbox.com/s/lyq0elpf4xt4spq/Disable%20Lucas%27%20Mod%20Launcher%20Update%20Check.reg?dl=1 to disable the update check setting without opening the Mod Launcher at all.
Windows 7 Ultimate, yes i get a crash message: Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher stopped working if you solve it thank you because i want to play storm over springfield and online