Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How to Save Mod Games?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey. I'd like to know whether progress in fan-made mod levels (e.g. A Christmas in Springfield) can be saved like progress in the actual Simpsons Hit & Run game can.
When playing the original Hit & Run using Lucas' Mod Launcher (which I put in my Documents), the game saves like normal (selecting "save game" in the pause menu). When I try and save this way playing A Christmas in Springfield, I get a message saying "unable to save, check file-write permissions".
I've noticed a folder appeared in my documents, inside it there is another folders called "Save Games", inside this there is a folder called "ACIS" (A Christmas in Springfield?)
So Yeah, I'd like to know what this Save Games folder is, does it mean I can save mod level? How can I?
Thanks for any feedback
It's supposed to save to the directory you mentioned. I'm not sure why the game seems to be unable to do that though. I'll ask Lucas if he knows anything about it.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Yeeeeeeeeeees, I figured out why it wasn't saving my game: my Bitdefender security software was blocking the Simpsons.exe software from making changes to a protected folder.
I just had to go into Bitdefender and allow Simpsons.exe to make changes.
It's a great anti-malware program, it meant well...
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Of topic note, I'm really enjoying donut mod 1! I love the twists you guys put into these old missions.This Lucas' Mod Launcher is amazing.