Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Screen tearing: Discussion on current workarounds found

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So I like many others here would like to see the game that we love in glorious 60 fps, unfortunately I've read through this (www.donutteam.com/forum/topic/532/1) thread, detailing the fix for the physics issue when the framerate is uncapped.

As the thread mentions, running the game in borderless should fix the screen tearing, but alas I've not found that to be enough to prevent screen tearing, at least on my system.

I've tried RTSS, and I've tried limiting FPS and forcing vsync at a driver level, with frame limiting not preventing screen tearing and the forced vsync creating a consistent stutter.

What methods have people found to eliminate screen tearing in game?
What's your monitor's refresh rate and what operating system are you using?
I'm using windows 10 and my monitor refresh rate is 60. Sorry for late replies, I live in Australia, timezones and all that.
Hi,

I was having this problem too. I finally found settings that seem to eliminate the screen tearing. In the game pause menu under display mode select 'Window'. In the mod launcher turn borderless 'on'. This will automatically make you turn resizeable window 'off' Then from the drop down at the bottom of the launcher select display 1920 x 1080 or whatever your display size is. That's what worked for me anyway.

I also have anti-aliasing turned on and frame skip turned off currently. I might tinker some more with these as the high resolution is heating up my poor laptop. It wasn't intended for such things. lol So I might have to compromise, but I did notice anytime it's in window mode the tearing seems to go away.