Forum Mod Bakery Docs

When ever I try to open the new 1.23.12 launcher a error occurs.

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi!
This is my first post, I have a strange issue where whenever I extract the files to a new folder and run the mod launcher.exe.

This long list of errors pops up. I've had it for such a long time. The only version that seems to work for me is 1.16.2, which is extremely outdated.

Am I missing something or do I need to do something?
P.S: I am running the full version of Simpsons hit and run. Off of a disk installation from back in the day.

Here is the folder I have set on my desktop:
Folder set up

I'm not too sure, anyway here is the error in question:
Error here!

Kind Regards,
KingNuke

Edit: I'm not sure if I have put this post in the right location, please don't sue me lol.
Hi King, could you try launching the launcher with the "-noenabledep" command line argument please?
Hi, how would I go about doing that?

Kind Regards,
KingNuke
Create a plain text document (.txt) titled "CommandLine" and place it in the same folder as the Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher application. This document should contain a single line with the text "-noenabledep", as Proddy said.
Okay, I have done this. Umm, both with and without the speech marks in place.

The error still occurs.

Screenshot of the txt file

Screenshot of the error (In case it is different to the last, however, it looks the same to me.)

Kind Regards,
KingNuke
Ah, remove the quotes from the text file
Hi, Josh.

I have already done so and nothing changes

Kind Regards,
King Nuke
Hi King,

Same text file, could you put -nofixpinnedshortcuts instead of -noenabledep please?
Hi, Josh.

That seemed to have fixed it so now it launches

Is there anything else you would like me to do now?

Kind Regards,
King Nuke

Edit I launched the game and my save file was gone. Not sure if it has to do with the launcher or not?
Hi King,

I'm glad it's working for you, if you could answer the following so we (and by we I mean Lucas) can look into why and fix the root issue:
What specific Windows version are you on? If 10, can you specify what build of 10? You can find out by running winver.
Is the mod launcher pinned to the taskbar and/or the start menu?

With regards to the save file - if you had a "Main" mod enabled, they have their own save files. There is also an option in the launcher to keep save files separate from your vanilla game ones.

Thanks,
Josh