Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Can't map Xbox One controller

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi all,

It's amazing to see a community like this for such an old game. I just installed the game today and had problems mapping the controls with my xbox one controller. Whenever I use the xbox controller, I have to unplug the cord from it, press ESC to access the menu, then plug it back in when mapping. Although it doesn't quite work right. The game doesn't take my button entries whenever inputting them. Is there a fix for this?
Get JoyToKey, it's a free program which you can map buttons on your controller to act like you're using your keyboard. So you can play with your controller.
I tried another program to map the controls with the keyboard but everyone I had the controller plugged in, the game would use the Xbox controls
Does the controller register as a controller to Windows? If you check the Windows controller list (search for Set up USB game controllers).

Windows 7 Search:

Windows 8.1 Search:

And you should get this list:
I did what you said and it came up as Controller (Xbox One For Windows) Status was OK
Double click on it, and press buttons on your controller. On the new window, the on-screen buttons should change.
Do i do that while the game is loaded? Because everytime I plug the controller in after the game is loaded, the game switches to the controller controls
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
The game doesn't have a keybind for pause, it's really clunky!
It's not clunky, there was no standard for PC controllers then so Radical did the best they could. There's a good chance some obscure controller they used can pause the game.