Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Level 7 Revamp Mod

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hello!

As some of you know, I am MaxPower (Max Power!), a new modder in this community. I am developing a mod for SHAR that changes level 7 so that it's less easy (I found level 6 to be HARDER than level 7, let alone the same difficulty) and SLIGHTLY less repetitive. I do however, want a few suggestions (and help) from you guys for things I should have in the mod:

1. I have changed mission 3 (Pocket Protector) so that the actual waste delivery part of the mission is much shorter (going from Frink's house to the power plant). I have also changed the level so that the power plant is the new location for the UFO and the school playground is where the waste usually spawns (since that is where Burns buries the waste in Marge vs. The Monorail). The second part of Pocket Protector is following Mr. Burns to the school, meaning that m4 is free for an Auto-topsy, which is carlocked to the 36 Stutz Bearcat with Mr. Burns as the driver. However, since Mr. Burns is not normally a driver in game, he does not have any lines. I was wondering if someone could show me how to add lines for a driver character, and then suggest any lines for him to say (Either from being kicked, in-game dialogue or even from the show!)

2. For Alien Auto-topsy Part 1, I was wondering if I should either keep it as a choice-car mission, or have it be car locked.

3. For the 2nd last (and maybe 3rd last) Auto-tospy, I want to change the car that the player is car locked to. Any suggestions for the new character and car would be appreciated. I was thinking Lisa, Bart, Flanders, or Smithers. If Flanders, I would also like suggestions for voice lines.

4. For the last auto-topsy, it seems fitting that I change the buddy character to Marge, since she is literally not featured in the game since her level ends, and she is Homer's wife, so I figured it would be a romantic way to end the game. I was thinking that her car could be the Canyonaro with a rocket on the back (for maximum flippage) How hard would that be to put in?

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!
If you're any good in Blender it shouldn't be too hard to put a rocket in the back, but it wouldn't look like the rocket on grandpa's jeep or work like it I think. I believe you'd have to edit the handling file to make it work like that
I've got nothing for all else though, sorry
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hey Douglas!

I actually have never used blender before :p I guess I'll have to learn how to make it work. And yeah I know ill have to create a new vehicle art and script file for it, but that shouldn't be too hard. I just want it to be the vanilla Canyanaro with a rocket and 5 star speed and acceleration
You could just reuse the old files and change what you need to change, I used this to help with adding complete new cars to the game
donutteam.com/forum/topic/406/
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I was looking at that earlier, that came out amazing!