Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Comprehensive Tutorials

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I noticed as I first started modding that there aren't too many complete tutorials here about modding SHAR, and I actually had to learn from just looking from the files. Would anyone be interested in the creation of a complete tutorial that showcases the basics (how scripts work, how p3d files work, the different types of objectives, etc.)? I would be willing to type some up if there's demand for it!

Also, this isn't on topic, but I think it's better than double posting? Anyway, how would I go about making the StageStartMusicEvent(); command use music from a bonus mission? I've tried BM, BM1, and M8, and none of them work.
If I could learn how, I would definitely make a tutorial in text and video format
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@The Butter Donut

Perhaps we can work on them together? I know you have experience modding this game and together we could get things done a lot quicker and be more comprehensive.

By the way, I'll be releasing a public demo for my mod soon that has the new level terrain, m1, bm1, and the street races available to play. As one of my alpha testers it would be awesome if you could pick it up and give me feedback on it! It will probably be available this weekend, and if not sometime this week.
@max_power998
I'd love too, but how will we contact each-other?

I know how to edit pictures and move wasps and somewhat create custom cars

EDIT
By editing pictures I mean i know how to make it so the textures are different. For example, re-textured vehicles and new skyboxes
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@The Butter Donut

Do you have Skype? If so we can voice chat while we make the tutorials and things will be a lot easier.
@max_power998
I do but I don't have a working mic
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@The Butter Donut

That's ok. We can message each other without bumping a thread every time :p My name is ballisticzoom, add me if you want.
@max_power998
Will do