Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I need help with missions crashing

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hello, I have reached my wits end with my mod. Could I have some help please?

EDIT: I HAVE ADDED THE P3D FILE

www.dropbox.com/sh/eoe2vhrqo0f31b4/AAAIGH7oWKHScsVmoSiXktAqa?dl=0
I believe I see the issue, though I can't confirm since I lack the P3D for the mission:

The names of the locators seem to suggest that you're using a Type 0 locator for spawning a car. Type 0 locators should only be used for waypoints and collectible items. It simply doesn't work for spawning a car (or a character as well) and would crash the game.

You could also be using a Type 3 locator for the waypoints, which would also be incorrect.

So, to recap:
(Locator 2 Type 0) = Used for car waypoints and items in missions.
(Locator 2 Type 3) = Used for spawning characters and cars/

Go ahead and change the locator type for Marge's car spawn locator, or the waypoint type for the cars.

I would also highly recommend lowering the character count for your locators. I'm not really even sure if a question mark is acceptable for mission locators, and we discovered through Donut Mod that locators that are too long name-wise can cause corruption. These names seem needlessly long and could just be shortened to "marge_carstart", "marge_waypoint1", and so forth.

EDIT: I think I see some other issues:

AddObjective("dump","neither"); is placed really high up at the top of the stage, as well as the argument that tells the game Marge's Cayonero is the car that dumps the games. The game sees that you're adding everything under this objective, which is more than likely causing all sorts of issues. Move AddObjective("dump","neither"); and SetObjTargetVehicle("marge_v") to be right near the items, like so:

You should also try changing "TARGET" to "target" just for consistency sake.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I can't make type 0 locators due to limitations in pure 3d editor 4.0.2. I see you have 4.0.3, yet it's not on the site....
P3D Editor 4.0.3 is identical performance-wise in comparison to 4.0.2. It can't create Type 0 locators, and neither can it create Type 3 locators.

You'd just have to copy them from an existing P3D by right clicking and selecting "Copy".