Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Moving the Orange Power Couplings

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Is it possible to change the location of the orange power box locators that are used in L1M4 'Blind Big Brother'. I know where the locators are, but I need to know if the locations can be changed AND if they can be placed in another chunk of the map (provided I move the textures) AND loaded in a different mission.
You can load them in another mission. You have to load the .p3d for them in the mission's load file, and you need the path to it. I'd put it here but Im not going to be at my computer until next Friday
It's more complicated than that Douglas since these are world props contained within the a region (art\l1z6.p3d) and you can't just load that like a regular P3D file.

I think you'd copy the Breakable World Prop 2 and all related chunks into a new P3D file and load it like a street race prop region (see basically any street race for the commands for this).
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
@duckdotexe

Ok that's what I thought. Thanks!
These also fall into the KD Tree (formally known as the Sector List) but the game supports there being like an extra 10 of these in each node so it'll probably be fine. Let me know if you run into issues though.
That's interesting actually, thanks for pointing that out. I never would of thought that