- Mod Bakery
Hey everyone, this is Loren from Donut Team and welcome to this week’s Tuesday Topics!
Last week, we launched the read-only alpha of our mod sharing and discovery platform, Mod Bakery.
This week, we’re updating this website to a similar design and we’ve got a number of changes for Mod Bakery as well.
New Donut Team Homepage
First up, if you’ve been here before, you’ll probably notice that this website has gotten a bit of a facelift.
It now sports the global navigation bar that launched alongside Mod Bakery as well as a simplified design (as much of this website’s content now lives on Mod Bakery).
On that note:
The new global navigation bar now sports a quick drawer like the forum’s navigation bar so it’s much closer to being a full-on replacement for it.
Note: The new quick drawer does not currently show team accounts, for those of you that are a part of one. This will be coming in a later update.
There is still work to do on it but so far, so good.
Mod Bakery: Alpha Update 1
Over the last week, we’ve silently pushed a bunch of small updates to Mod Bakery and we’ve also pushed some today.
Now I’d like to take a quick moment to provide a formal changelog for the first week of changes, dubbed Alpha Update 1:
- Added a proper error 404 page.
- Made unlisted releases show a banner indicating as such.
- Added an option to sort releases by their original release dates.
- Combined the “Release type” and “Release category” dropdowns into one dropdown.
- Dramatically overhauled CSS definitions to make theming the website much simpler.
- Dark mode coming soon to a Mod Bakery near you Soon™.
- Switched to a different implementation of Font Awesome that caches better.
- Added release page view tracking.
- Added an option to sort releases by view count.
- Added an authentication middleware so Mod Bakery is now aware of who you are when you’re logged in to Donut Team.
- This currently has no uses besides showing your avatar and quick drawer in global navbar.
- Improved release view and download counts to be formatted properly when greater than 1,000.
- This doesn’t matter yet but it seemingly will soon for the Mod Launcher.
- Changed the background-color of the site to an off-white.
- Made the background-image fade into the background.
Thanks for reading another Tuesday Topics! We’ll see you again next week.
- Loren from Donut Team
P.S.: Borb thinks you should listen to this.