Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Simpsons.exe question

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
In Lucas' Mod Launcher I've made several Custom Mods with the CustomFiles folder and Meta.ini, and they've worked great. However I've tried making a mod for the non-CD Simpsons.exe to take over the CD Simpsons.exe file (which is in the main Hit and Run folder). But it still says "No disc inserted". Obviously the non-CD Simpsons.exe didn't take over the CD Simpsons.exe in this method.

Is there a successful way to do this? If so, how?

If the only way to play the game without the CD is to have the non-CD Simpsons.exe in Hit and Run folder with the CD Simpsons.exe not in the folder, I totally understand.

Just to be clear I can play the game without the CD fine, I just want to do it the way I was asking about, if I can.
It's hard to understand what your asking. Can you please explain what your asking in detail?
That was as detailed as I could make it so I don't know if you were being sarcastic lol
Did you try swapping music?
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
Basically what you are asking for is a cracked exe to work in the launcher as its own mod.
And the answer is no it doesnt work because the mod launcher doesnt run exe files in the customfiles folder.
I dont know the technical reasons why it wont work but I would assume its because of legal reasons and the fact that in almost all cases its pointless to have an exe mod.
And even if it was possible, the Donut Team staff wont allow it here because they dont promote piracy here.
Thanks MACCA, answered what I wanted to know :D